Monday, April 16, 2007

Catching Up - Almost Outta Here!

OK, the big moving day came and went and we are settled in Hunterdon County, New Jersey. Things were a little crazy at first with the arrival at our new home and then the arrival of the movers and then the arrival of a spring ice storm! It took some time to figure out how to get phone service and internet access and load photos. It'll take me awhile to catch up but I know I can do it!



March 8th arrived and we spent the entire day loading plants from the house, garage, and backyard into a 16-foot rental van. Here were are with the van half full.

It was a hot and crazy job. I'm so proud of Jean for managing to fit about 95% of our plants into that small space. He had them going every which way and it was an engineering marvel. The smaller specimens were boxed and these boxes were piled floor to ceiling. Maybe it's a bit much to devote a whole entry to the 'loading of the plants' but I don't know how I would have fared if I had to leave all our plants behind as they are such a part of our lives. Yep, sounds corny, I know, but they bring us much joy. Much of our courtship involves visits to orchid shows and sales and it's just something that we really enjoying doing together. As it was we had to leave behind a number of our plants, mostly duplicates. I believe they went to good homes as Karin and Garrett were going to be my plant rescuers.

After loading all the plants the day was done. We decided rather than leave late in the evening of March 8th, we'd be up and gone by 6 am on March 9th.

1 comment:

DeeZee said...

Still waiting for some more updates :-) (and I'm laughing cuz my poor blog is SO neglected lately!)